Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Change In LIfe Increases Friction

Healing With The Angels
by Doreen Virtue
App On iTunes
There are days like the current moment I am writing this blog post, that stress just builds up.  I do a tremendous amount to let it go in my life, but at times it just gets the best of me.  I've actually been doing much better since my last healing session.  In the past few days, however, I feel like a tea kettle ready to whistle.

Little things just push me over the limit and I see myself reacting to them, even though I don't want to do this.  I get frustrated at the thought of reacting when I wish I could turn off that valve.  It isn't easy to navigate these areas of my life.  Most people who aren't close to me, never get to see this side of me.  It is one that I hide from the world.

Yet, I know I am making progress and I do understand that my life is under a great deal of stress right now.  I also know that things are changing and with change, sometimes it can create intense friction on re-entry into life.  I feel like some events have built up and now I'm facing a time where I need to release stress in a big way.  I wish I had the resources to go and get some bodywork done, but right now that is not an option.


I do know that I need to let this go and not hold it in.  I need to connect with it inside of my body and feel it, but not hold it as if I were a greedy hoarder.  At this moment, I'm trying to get myself to see a couple of situations that added a much stress to my life, in a different way.  There is some reason they did not work out and maybe I will not understand that for some time to come.  Maybe it will make its self-known to me.

One of the things I just did moments ago was I pulled a card from the Healing With The Angels therapy cards by Doreen Virtue.  The card I pulled was titled 'New Beginnings".    The statement on this card that resonated the most with me is as follows. Sometimes we cling to old routines because they are familiar.  By drawing this card, the angels ask you to be open to new approaches to life.

In many ways, this angel message probably sums up so much for me.  I embarked on a new journey last week and while it was good, I was so scared.  As a result, the stress built up within me to a high degree.  This part of the journey went extremely well, but it was stressful, to say the least.  I'm sure as I move forward, these things won't quite have the emotional stress charge on them that they do now.  The more I build my confidence up, the more it will be the norm, rather than a frightening situation.  I took the step to do this event last week and that is worth a lot to me, but sometimes change in life increases friction.

In order to help me deal with the stress which is showing up in my body, I had someone just put their hands on me in a gentle way as I breathed and connected with the painful parts of my body.  As I did this, it was uncomfortable at first.  However, as I continued to stay with the painful connection, I felt those areas begin to let go a little.  My body is feeling much less heavy right now and as a result, the stress is not at a level that is as high as it was.

No matter how far I come and how much I learn, I am still reacquainted with points in my life that have much more to teach me.  I'm grateful now I can at least stop and see when these intense moments are hitting me, rather than staying unconscious as if everything is happy and peachy all the time.  Being awake and conscious in our mind body gives us an awareness that helps give us the ability to make better choices for our life.  When we are unconscious, we continually play the programs we have fed into our neural pathways, limiting choices for our life.   Being conscious gives us so much more when we encounter a change in life that increases friction.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 9/18/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”