Thursday, January 14, 2016

Grounding To Ocean Wave Sounds

Sometimes in life, I need to find centering and grounding.  Nature is one of the best places for me to do this because when I'm in nature, I feel like I am home.

This week, I got the chance to go to the ocean and walk on the beach on two different days.  There is something about walking on the beach in bare feet with the sand covering my toes.  Feeling the cool ocean water rush over my feet is an exhilaration.

Just seeing the waves crash off shore, hearing the roar of the ocean and seeing the sun glisten down on the water is so calming and centering and grounding.  Seeing the clouds roll through and change shades of white and grey is a pleasant backdrop.

Seeing the birds scamper back and forth with the ocean waves as they forage for food almost looks like a symphony to me.  They repeat this behavior in unison, barely caring if I need to walk by them.  

I could walk along the ocean for miles and miles.   I could feel the salt air on my lungs for days on end.  I could just lose myself as I walk through the sands of the beach and listen to the sounds.

Centering and Grounding at the ocean is exactly what I need right now.  I'm thankful I live close enough to do this at almost any time.

I needed to walk on the beach this week.  I badly needed it.  I needed to hear the ocean wave sounds.

My hope and dream is that one day I can get up in the morning and walk on the beach and then before I go to bed at night.  It is my hope and dream.






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 1/1/16 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”