Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Easy Red Pepper Hummus Recipe

Recently I got the Blendtec Mini Twister Jar and I love it!  I was thinking about getting the NutriBullet but since I already had the Blendtec, the Mini Twister jar made perfect sense.

I love hummus but when you buy the commercial stuff in the store it usually has garlic or onions in it.  Those two items make me sick.  These days it is getting harder and harder to find food without garlic and onion.

I adapted the recipe from what was displayed in the book that came with the Mini Twister Jar.  If you want to put garlic in it, feel free or to try other variations.  This is just the starting point.

Red Pepper Hummus


Ingredients:
  • 1 TBSP olive oil (maybe some better oils to use)
  • 1 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice 
  • 1 TBSP Tahini
  • 7.5 oz Garbanzo Beans
  • 1 to 2 TBSP liquid from Garbanzo Beans
  • 1 Cup Red Pepper (I cut a red pepper in half)
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
  • 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Directions:
  • Add all ingredients into the Mini Twister Jar and place the lid on the jar.  
  • While holding the lid on the twister jar, Select the Salsa/Dips/Batters button
  • Turn the twister lid counter-clockwise during blending



I had never used Tahini paste before so I went on Amazon and found this product which seemed pretty inexpensive.  Two jars were around $10 if I remember correctly.  The paste tasted good and seemed to be just sesame seed paste with nothing else. It worked great for this hummus recipe.

I had one good-sized lemon and from that lemon, I got about 6 to 8 TBSP of fresh lemon juice just by squeezing it in a little handheld juicer.

Olive oil may not be the best, but use whatever you prefer and see how it tastes.  The cayenne pepper was very strong, but it gave it a good kick.  The original recipe called for roasting the red pepper, but I did not see any need to do this and red bell pepper is very healthy for you.  It is full of phytochemicals.

I love Blendtec and it works very well.  This little mini twister jar is ideal.  It is the right size and easy to clean out especially with the special spatula that came with it.

I don't think I would want to make more hummus than this recipe made because I want to keep it fresh.

Since it was so easy to make, it wouldn't take much for me to make some more at any time.









-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 1/4/16 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”