Saturday, January 16, 2016

Am I Enough

Am I enough?  I'm not sure is the answer in my mind.  Can I be there for someone who needs me to be in that role while they find their way back to life?  I'm not sure is the answer that comes to my mind.

It would be easy for me to give up.  With Christmas stress weighing on me hard, I could just say enough is enough.  Most years, I hibernate during this time, but this year, I've had a challenging client who needed me to be there for them.

Am I enough?  Do I know enough?  Do I know how to find my way through this healing moment with this person.  Those are questions and doubts that try to flood my mind.  I'm resisting them entry, but maybe I have to surrender to them, just as I am asking this client to surrender.

I feel shaky at times.  I try to be there, but am not certain if everything is as it should be.  Am I enough?  I don't know.  I feel like someone has to have more answers than I do right now, but yet I'm not sure most have been in some of the deep dark places I've been and where this client is at.

I try to trust that I am enough.  I try to have faith that I'm doing all that I can do and if I am not, that I'll see what it is that I need to be doing.  I try to trust that what I need for this moment is here in the present offering itself to me.

I try to believe that I am enough for I've been through this in my own life.  I know the path ahead.  I know how to get out of the hole.  It may not be as easy for another person right now, but maybe just my familiarity with where they are at is enough to know that I am enough.






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 12/23/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”