Sunday, September 25, 2011

Unexplained Pain From Workout, Part 1

This is part 1 of a 3 part series.

Last night going to the fitness center, I really enjoyed the workout.  I finished it off with a soak in the hot tub that felt so relaxing.  Not long after I got home, I started to notice pain in my back and shoulders near my scapula.  It was strange because I really did not do any exercises for this part of my body.
 
I do know that you can kick up emotions, stress and other connections to the mind by events that seem to be unconnected in the moment.  From past experience, I figured that this was kicking up something in me, but I had no idea what it was.  It did not take long for the pain to become excruciating and for me to be to the point of tears and crying.  It was intense.
 
I laid down on my massage table and tried to just allow whatever it was to run its course and let go.  Putting the heating pad on my shoulder area for relief, I just attempted to be there in that moment.  The heat did feel good and I got my friend to just lay his hands on my back.  It was difficult to connect because the pain was overwhelming.  However, it started to lessen a little.

 
This morning when I woke up, it was feeling better and then all at once the pain hit me with a vengeance.  I noticed that if I tried to palpate my right chest area, that a light touch would send excruciating pain to me.  My shoulders were stiff and my back was so tense.  It was frustrating to say the least as if I would need to point that out.
 
I went in and laid down on my massage table listening to some relaxing music.  Often this helps me relax but today, I could barely lay still which led me to believe that something was kicking up in me pretty fierce.  Again, I did not know what that was and sometimes the story is not the most important part, just the awareness that emotions and events are present.

Please come back tomorrow for Part 2 of this three part series.


Related Blog Posts
2)  Embrace The Pain (Jan 28, 2011)
3)  My Shoulder Hurts (Sep 3, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”