We don't care about another point of view or belief. We just demand that ours is the correct one and all others are wrong.
So today, I state the following.
Join with me if you plan to do the same.
- I refuse to partake in the hate-mongering that is thriving online. If I cannot say something nice about someone, I will be silent.
- I refuse to partake in the sensationalized drama that is spread through ridiculous social media postings with its only intent is to get you to click on something.
- I refuse to partake in one-sided arguments where facts are omitted, but belief and opinion are the only arguments.
- I refuse to propagate pictures and images and social media posts that demean any group or political ideology or persons that are different than me.
- I refuse to spread false lies and innuendo just because someone on social media claims it is true. I will check the facts out and if I cannot verify it, I will not spread it forward.
- I refuse to pass claims along that appear to be valid, but have no basis in fact or ones that have been proven to be untrue. I will take a minute to think before I forward and like a social media posting.
- I refuse to add more screaming and yelling to the mix of social media, especially when no one is listening to anyone but themselves.
- I refuse to live my life on social media because even though I may have connections, I know that it is the true friends you can see and talk to in life that make a big difference.
- I refuse to get worked up about every social media posting just because the crowd has their pitchforks raised in the air and chanting in unison.
Social media is a good way to help advance things in the world, but lately all I have seen is a place that is degrading to humanity. The only way we can rise above all of this is if we don't propagate on that which we despise and hate.
If we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem.
You can expect my social media posts to be respectful, compassionate and hopefully ones that help others heal and advance their lives. If I fail in this regard, please private message me and show me where I failed. I will try to correct it immediately.
Blog Post And Images (c) 2016 by Don Shetterly
- Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form.
- You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.