Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Top Book Reviews

It takes a lot for a book to make it into my book reviews. While I find some books compelling and interesting, the books that make it in my book review list are ones I really cherish. They are special books that really impacted my life and gave me that ah ha moment as Oprah would say.

While I will always check out books on Amazon, I'm not easily persuaded to buy books and review them. The book has to hit me and be one that grabs my attention. Otherwise, it is like an exercise in second grade where I feel as if the assignment is completing a book report, which I dreaded.

Please don't think that leaving a comment for me to check out your book because it is what my readers want to see, if going to cut the mustard with me. It has to be much more than that and done in a way where you really are trying to engage me, not just sell me. If your book becomes something that grabs my attention, I'll be more than happy to read it and see how it hits me. Of course, that doesn't mean that it will make it into my book review list.

On the 5th of every month, my goal is to post a review of 1 or more books that have had a strong impact on my life. My reviews will either be a short synopsis of how the book impacted my life or a longer discussion of passages within the book that touched me deeply.


Book Review List
1) Jun 2011 - Father's Touch by Donald D'Haene
2) Jul 2011 - Victims No Longer by Mike Lew

3) Aug 2011 - Compassionate Touch by Dr. Clyde W Ford
4) Sep 2011 - Waking The Tiger by Peter Levine
5) Oct 2011 - The Lightworkers Way by Doreen Virtue
6) Nov 2011 - Into The Light by Dr John Lerma 
7) Dec 2011 - You Are The Answer by Michael J Tamura 
8) Jan 2012 -  Meditations To Heal Your Life by Louise Hay



Blog Post &
Images (c) 4/25/11 Don Shetterly - use by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”