Saturday, January 14, 2017

Holding You Back In Life

I know that I tend to get a lot of anxiety when things change in my life.  The fear, the worry, and the uncertainty really can take its toll on me.  It doesn't matter how many times I've been through things, taught lessons in life and shown that I can make it - I still keep going to the default of holding myself back.

Yes, the fears often overwhelm me.  I know that it is a result of the torture and abuse I went through as a kid until I left for college.  It changes a brain.  It makes normal things in life somewhat difficult.  It can be challenging.

Now, I'm not saying that I accept all of what I've been through and I'm a lost cause.  I'm not saying that I don't think things can improve and change.  I know they have.  I've come a long ways.  However, there's that part that still holds me back in life.

How about you?  Do you have something holding you back in life?  Do you struggle to find the way forward through the fears and anxiety and uncertainty?

I'm able to put fears in perspective...

I know that just by writing about these things, I am able to put the fears in perspective.  It is almost like when I expose them, I knock the wind out of fear's momentum.  No, it isn't easy.  I feel vulnerable at times sharing stuff online.  I do it to help push myself through what holds me back in life.

There have been many challenges lately and sometimes I wonder if I can continue to stand and fight against the odds.  I'm not a quitter though.  I don't give up easily.  If I did, I would not have made it this far.
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/2016/03/challenges-and-difficulties-may-prove.html

So, for me, just recognizing what is holding me back in life can often help me put the framework around it so I can see it clearly.  Once I can see it, I can then make new choices in how I deal with it and what I do with it.

We all have things holding us back in life and some we see, others we don't see.  Many times we've conditioned ourselves to just accepting it as a way of life.  However, the more we see clearly in life, the more life gives to us and we participate in with possibility.





Blog Post And Images (c) 2017 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”