Monday, August 22, 2016

Neuroscience In The News On Aug 22

These are articles that I found of interest relating to news about Neuroscience.  In this issue, I have highlighted a more personal moment of neuroscience and how it relates to my own healing journey from Conversion Disorder to the present moment.

Please check out the article links below and feel free to comment with other information related to these subjects.  I enjoy learning as much as I can about the brain and passing this information on to everyone else that shares these passions.

This is for the week beginning August 22, 2016.

Please come back each week and hopefully I will have some more highlights.  Feel free to share with me ones that you have found and I may highlight those as well.

Feel free to check out the highlighted articles from August 15, 2016





My Thoughts On Neuroscience

I continue to be amazed at what we are learning in Neuroscience each day.  Some of the research studies coming out are taking us light years into the future.  While some of the things we think we know, are not yet established, there is so much we don't know.

Personally, I've been through enough trauma in a lifetime and it has affected my brain, body, and everything I do, feel, think, and say.  There is no escaping it completely that I have found, although I have found some body centered therapy to drastically help in my own healing and recovery.

If you have read other blog posts or even my first book, you will see that I went through Conversion Disorder in 1991.  It was before a person could search on the internet and understand what it was.  While it seems like a distant memory now, I know that my brain was not in contact with my body and even if it tried, my body did not listen.

In the body centered therapy that I have gone through, I've learned how to feel and connect in my body, knowing that as I do this, I am recovering more of who I truly am.  It is the essence of who I am.  While we often discount therapy that is not in the mainstream medical world, I know without a doubt what this body centered therapy has done to change my life.  I have seen it change many others.

Neuroscience is helping to put together what happens in the body and the mind.  There is no denying that the two need to be connected for optimal health, life, and happiness.  The more we understand about our minds, nervous systems, and all the parts inbetween, the more we can reclaim that which was lost during traumatic experiences of our past.  May we all find a way to work together towards this common goal.

If you would like to speak to me further about my own experiences, please contact me.  I am always happy to shed the light of what I have learned and share how I came through my horrible past into the person that I am now.

You can also check out more on my book which is on Amazon.  The title is, Hope And Possibility Through Trauma by Don Shetterly


http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/2016/04/hope-and-possibility-through-trauma.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”