Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Celebration Of Mothers Day

Even in the midst of all the turmoil that I experienced as a kid, this is one day that still means a lot to me.  My mom is no longer living, but I still celebrate her with the website dedicated to her memory.  It is a website in the celebration of Mother's Day through my music, creativity and various other resources.

One of the most precious things I have created is a music CD for Mother's Day.  It is relaxing piano music created from my heart and in honor and memory of my mom.  If you like relaxing music, you will love this CD.  If your mom could use some relaxation, I know she would love this CD.

In addition, Mothers Day Music website is a place with some inspiring ideas and words and pictures.  Maybe you're trying to make a homemade card for your mom and you just need a little more to make it complete, this website is for you.  If you're just trying to fill out a card you bought for your mom or needing to add something to the flowers that you got for her, this website may be able to help you.

Maybe you're wondering what special things you could do for your mom on Mother's Day.  Some of us are very creative and for others, it can be a challenging endeavor.  I have listed many different ideas of things you can do with your Mom on Mother's Day.  Feel free to use them, borrow from them, and by all means, if there is something you feel needs to be added, please let me know.

In addition to all the fun resources, there is some trivia that you can amaze your own mom or wow your friends.  I've included many of the Presidential Proclamations from many years in the past.  These are fun to read and you get a sense of what is written each year, that barely gets any press coverage.

I have also included some history of Mother's Day.  It was not always a day that was celebrated like it is now.  Learning about these things is something I find interesting and I have tried to pull together tidbits of history from many different places.

Most of all, make sure you check out the page that is included in memory of my own mom on Mother's Day.  It is a special page and while the pictures may seem ordinary, they connect me to moments in my life where I cherished my own mom.

Don't forget that Mother's Day is May 8th! 





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 2016 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 032716

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”