Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I Am Scared Of Snakes

It is one of my biggest fears.  I am scared of snakes.  Now, I'm not talking about a little fear or being scared just a little.  I mean, it is full on panic and anxiety mode for me.

I barely can see a picture of a snake on TV or online without going into panic and anxiety mode.  I have known people who thought I was being over dramatic or I should just get over this.   Believe me, I would love to not freak out so badly.

I'm writing this because we have a black snake that keeps showing up in our yard.  Yes, I know they are good snakes, but when you're frightened as badly as I am by a snake, there is no such thing as a good snake.

The other day I walked out the door and almost stepped on it.  Today, I was trying to do some pool pump maintenance and there it was again.  The other day, I saw it from the upstairs window out in the yard near my earthboxes.

When I see it, I try to run away as quickly as I can.  It is hard for me to catch my breath for hours after this.  I get to the point where I can barely speak.  Today I was shaking so badly for so long that I just went and lied down on my bed.

I get images in my mind of snakes and that scares me.  I have had moments at night where I have dreamed of snakes in the bed and I have literally had to get up, turn all the lights on and pull the covers completely off the bed.

Right now, I'm still trying to calm down.  My heart felt like it was beating so hard and it still hasn't calmed down completely.

I do not know why I am so scared of snakes.  I know I am not alone.

The only thing I want is for snakes to leave me alone.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 2016 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

032016

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”