Announcement


For those who struggle, it is a nightmare.  For those who have had their lives torn apart because a loved one committed suicide, the pain continues.  The questions continue.  Suicide of a loved one often destroys the lives of those left behind.

Please join me for a free online webinar as we discuss a mother's promise to help prevent suicide.

Reserve your place at:
A Mother's Promise To Help After Son's Suicide
Feb 4, 2017 (1pm EST)

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Emotional Challenges

Some events come along and boy do they ever knock you on your butt.  These emotional challenges aren't easy to deal with in a day.  They run away like a train with no conductor going down a mountainside.

It seems like there have been far too many of these lately.  I struggle to hang on at times.  I struggle to continue on.  The emotional challenges batter me hard.

Yes, I'm strong.  Yes, I have tools and support to help me through them.  It just doesn't stop them from coming and taking over my life.

They are a challenge.  They are exhausting.  I so want them to end.  I so want them to go away and never ever come back again.

I wish upon a star that they are gone.  I recite mantras that they will never appear again.  Yet these emotional challenges just find their way into my life.


I want to hide.  I want to run.  I want to never have any of them find me again.  Where can I go?  Where can I flee?  For in the still moments, these emotional challenges will find me and hunt me down.

My head is swirling.  My heart is racing.  I struggle to keep going, but what other alternative do I have?  I could quit and give up, but where would that get me?

No, it isn't easy with emotional challenges.  I know they are challenges in life that often give me deeper healing.  Unfortunately when you're in the middle of them, that's the last thing on your mind.

I will carry on.  I will put one foot in front of the other.  I will lean on others when I need to and hunker down when I need a break.

Its all I can do in this moment of emotional challenges.  Its all I can do to find my way through. Once I've regained my strength, it is then that I will begin to climb the mountain once again.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 11/27/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY