Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits and we use them in our smoothie each day. Here are a few little tidbits of information about strawberries.
- 1 Cup of strawberries has about 45 calories and is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 serving (approximately 8 strawberries) provides 100% of daily requirements of Vitamin C
- Rich source of phenols a powerful antioxidant that helps to keep the heart healthy, guard against cancer and act as an anti-inflammatory.
- The USDA found that strawberries help slow the decline of age-related loss of cognitive and motor skills.
- The nutrients in strawberries nourish brain cells increasing brain health and function.
- Help provide a source of vitamin C and phenols to help prevent vision problems.
- Good source of potassium and magnesium which help to lower high blood pressure as a result of sodium.