Announcement


For those who struggle, it is a nightmare.  For those who have had their lives torn apart because a loved one committed suicide, the pain continues.  The questions continue.  Suicide of a loved one often destroys the lives of those left behind.

Please join me for a free online webinar as we discuss a mother's promise to help prevent suicide.

Reserve your place at:
A Mother's Promise To Help After Son's Suicide
Feb 4, 2017 (1pm EST)

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Easy Healthy Pancakes

Lately I've been playing with making something without all the bad stuff for breakfast.  I have been experimenting with making healthy pancakes from oatmeal that are super easy.  You might need a good quality blender for this, but we use our Blendtec High Speed Blender.  I'm not sure how this would work in a regular one.

To make these easy and healthy pancakes, I take 1.5 cups of oatmeal, 1.25 cups of water and put it in my blender.  Then, I add whatever fruit it is that I like.  I have used blueberries or a banana or strawberries.  I like all three and I'm sure other fruit would work.

Once I've combined them in the Blendtec blender, I select the button that says "batter" on it and I let it blend up through its routine.  Most of the time when I do this, it thickens fairly quickly so I often pour it back in a measuring cup.  It makes about 2 cups of batter and I can get about 10 pancakes out of it.


I just pour it on a preheated skillet and let it cook.  If you try to flip them too quickly, you'll have a mess on your spatula.  They don't take long to cook.  I don't use any oil or anything to cook them. 

You can see in the picture above that depending upon what fruit you use, you'll give them a color.  They taste good to us and it is just a different way to eat Oatmeal which we enjoy.









-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 6/21/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY