Monday, February 2, 2015

Sometimes Bad Things Are Good

Often we get upset when things don't go our way or when some event happens that is not what we wanted.  Sometimes bad things that happen are good.  I've seen this over and over in my life, but i used to look at it as if I was missing out.

In the recent airplane crash, it was stated that 15 people didn't make the plane because of things happening to them that weren't good moments.  The people could have sat there and complained and asked "why me" and wallowed in the moment.  Maybe they did.  However, I'm sure after realizing that if they would have been on that plane, they would not have to worry about the situation they are in.  Please realize that I'm not making light of what happened in this airplane crash because I'm well aware of the outcome and pain for many others.  My condolences go out to anyone affected by this tragedy.


We tend to look at things that are bad or negative as being something that is not good for our life.  I think that view has us seeing only half of life.  I'm not suggesting that we want bad events and experiences in our lives each and every day, but maybe that we need to look at them a little different.

Sometimes bad things come along and produce good results.  Sometimes they keep us safe and sometimes they keep us from encountering moments that aren't good for us.

Often you have no way of knowing this until you get much further into life and can look back at what unfolded before and after.  Once you can see the bigger picture of the event, the picture comes into more clear focus.

I'm learning in life that no matter what comes my way, I try to see what I can learn from it.  I try to see how I can embrace it and accept it.  No, this isn't always easy to do, but I'm finding it is better than I ever thought it was.

I've had plenty of horrible moments in life and most of them could have taken me under.  In fact, many of them came pretty close to ending life for me.  However, if I would have stayed in those moments, I would have never found the peace and joy in life that I now experience.  My days aren't always easy and wonderful, but gleaning from the bad things that happen are good and end up giving me so much more for every day that I get to experience.






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 12/31/14 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”