Friday, December 3, 2010

Created By Life's Experiences

Sometimes when you walk through life it feels like you are walking alone. Many around you don't seem to understand where you are coming from or where you are going. If anything, most do not seem to share the same passion you do of focusing on what matters in life.

It can be difficult to stay the course when it feels like you are on your own. It can be difficult to stay the course when it feels like you are the only one that gets the importance of things unseen. None of these moments are easy. It takes great courage and strength to stand up in the midst of prevailing winds.

For much of my life, I cursed what life had thrown at me. I cursed the fact that I was so highly sensitive. I struggled to understand, why me! It did not seem fair or just that I would have to live with the experiences of child sexual abuse. It did not seem fair that I would have to endure the hell of it and then heal from these parts of life.

Yet, I now am beginning to see this differently. If you would have told me what I am about to say a few years ago, you would have been taking your life into your own hands. Not only was this unfathomable but so full of pain, that it would have felt like a knife being stabbed and twisted in my heart.

You see, for the first time in my life, I realize that all these experiences I have been through have made me into who I am. As horrible as they were, I would not be the person I am, full of compassion, insight and purpose. Would I liked to have gone through life without this? The answer is YES! But I know that these challenges are making me into a human full of awareness, skills, abilities, sensitives, and compassion.

So as hard as it is for me to sometimes see the big picture, I know that I have been shown a different side of life. I know that I have walked through experiences that few truly understand. However, with the purpose I have in my life, I am glad I am who I am. It gives me great courage to take the steps I need to take in life.

(c) Don Shetterly 11/29/10 - Use by permission only.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I hope to get to that place myself one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I still struggle with it too. It isn't easy. Its a process.

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”