Monday, June 19, 2017

What Should I Expect When I Book a Reading?

(Written by A Happy Medium, Amanda)


A lot of people ask me this question, or tell me at the end that they had no idea what to expect from their reading. Most often, they are pleasantly surprised when they come in with no expectations and really enjoy the experience.

Maybe you've been to a carnival and gone into a psychic tent and had a reading. Maybe you thought it was nothing to write home about. Maybe you've been watching the well-known mediums on TV like Tyler Henry, John Edwards or Theresa Caputo and you are intrigued about what Spirit may have to say to you, or maybe you think it's all a bunch of garbage and you want to go to someone just to test them out.


Choosing A Reader


Choose someone who resonates with you. Check out their website and social media platforms. Maybe they are doing readings online so you can get a feel for their style of readings. Trust your gut when you choose your reader. Don't be afraid to call them up and ask them how they work.

If I use myself as an example and you call me about a reading, I will tell you that I am a clairaudient medium (meaning I "hear" my information from Spirit). My specialty is mediumship readings, so I mostly work in the past and the present.

If you are looking for a concrete future reading (though readings are not concrete at all - free will!), I may not be the reader for you. I might refer you to someone else or advise you to seek out a reader who works with Tarot or other divination platforms.

If you are looking for future readings from me, I can tell you how I feel about situations or possibilities, but I always reinforce that you have so much free will and that you are in charge of your life. For example, I can tell you traits about your children and the directions I feel they may go in their lives, but I can't really "predict" what they're going to do with their lives. They have so many choices to make!

When booking a reader, don't tell them too much about yourself or motivation for booking unless they ask. I prefer to be kept in the dark so I can do the work myself!

Once you are happy with the reader, their rate and you've booked an appointment, now you should be setting the intentions around your reading.



Setting Intentions


I can only speak for myself as a reader here because I use my own style when I bring in the energy. When you're booking with a medium, you generally have a purpose in mind. Maybe you are looking to hear from someone close to you who has passed away. Perhaps you are looking for clarity in your next steps or whether the decisions you are making now are the correct ones for you at this time. Maybe you need to ask about the lessons you are meant to learn now.

Think about your reading carefully and what you want to draw in. Jot down a few questions you want to ask. If you want your grandmother to come through, ask her to come to your reader. In this action, the reader will actually have an easier time picking up the information.

I am usually able to get the "red herring" (the reason my client has come) and the energies they most want to hear from. The reading is YOUR experience, so I want to make sure you own it and get as much out of it as you can.


Arriving For Your Reading


There's a lot of pre-work on the reader's behalf that goes into a reading. Please arrive on time. Take a few deep breaths in the car to ground and center your energy before you come in. Open your mind and be prepared for anything.

I can only speak for myself in what you see when you come in the room for a reading with me, but I assure you my house is completely normal. I do work a professional job and live a very normal lifestyle. I like to create a safe and comfortable atmosphere for my readings.

When you come in, you will see two chairs and a table in between. On the table I have candles, a salt lamp, various stones and usually an oracle deck spread out and at the ready.

You will probably smell sage. I burn sage to clear my space prior to readings. Let your reader know if you are allergic to pets (I have two cats in my house that like to be present for readings) or are averse to the smell of burnt sage. We have workarounds for the smells and can probably put our pets away for the duration of the reading.

I offer my client a glass of water before we start and give them my intro about myself and the opportunity to ask any questions before we begin and then we are off to the races!

I generally channel for my clients before they come, so I always have a notebook with a few items jotted down as a place to start and we go from there.


Making The Most Of Your Reading


It's YOUR experience!

Please don't feel like you have to hold back information from your reader to "test" them. If you are coming in with the belief and intention that readers are a bunch of crap and that we won't get anything, guess what? That's what you'll manifest.

If you come in open and willing to hear the messages, it will be a positive experience all around. If you're going to block the reader just save your time and theirs and don't book until you are open and willing to receive information. I am not here to meet your expectations, but to deliver the information you need at this point in time.

I encourage my clients to stop me and ask questions whenever they like. If we are going somewhere in the reading you don't want to go, let me know and we will change course. This is your experience and I want you to get what you need from it.

Some information received may not make sense and you may need to refer back. Bring a pad to take notes. Alternatively, a lot of readers (myself included) will allow you to record the reading so you can refer back to it later. Things might make more sense once you've had time to reflect on them.



http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/search?q=a+happy+medium


Keep an open mind and have fun!


The more open you are and the higher the vibration, the greater the experience will be. Keep it light.

Remember that readings are not intended to be something to base serious decisions on. They are for entertainment and may open the way to beautiful messages from your loved ones and a different perspective on your life.

My goal is to have you leave feeling empowered, inspired, refreshed and on course.

Take care until next time!

 - Amanda (A Happy Medium)


Read all of Amanda's Columnist Posts










Guest Blogger
Spiritual Medium



Visit Amanda's Website





Join Amanda for her Daily Readings and spiritual insights she shares on Facebook.










Blog Post And Images (c) 2017 by Don Shetterly and Amanda
  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Amanda! I want to let you know how much I loved my reading and that it is still helping me in surprising ways, even months later. You are quite amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”