Monday, June 12, 2017

Stop Bugging Me

(Written by Natural Healing Gal, Marie)

Homeopathy for bites and stings.

One of the challenges of living in Sunny Florida is insects. I am definitely not a fan! I know there are insects everywhere else, but we sure have our fair share as our winters allow them to procreate more.

Many of us here wish for just enough freezing cold in the winter to control them a little, without harming our plants!

When we first moved here in 2004 I learned about fire ants. It was not fun getting bitten the first time. I had to try several different types of natural remedies before I found the one that worked best for me… Ledum Palustre  which is made from Wild Rosemary.

Ledum, like other homeopathic remedies, has a variety of uses, but one of the most common is dealing with insect bites. The first time I tried Ledum for fire ant bites, it reduced the severity tremendously, and it healed much quicker.

In addition, I use Lavender essential oil directly on the skin where the bite is, to help control the itch until it heals. Essential oils are not homeopathy, but a different type of natural remedy that I love.  I have found that insect bites seem to inflame and itch even more intensely when scratched, so the lavender helps to prevent the awful scratching, and gives the skin the time it needs to heal.

Ledum is wonderful for mosquito bites. I teach classes outdoors at dusk, so I’ve had the opportunity to try it with great success many times! I take a single dose of Ledum one hour before going out in the evening, and the mosquitoes don’t find me quite so attractive.

I give Ledum to my dogs if they are bitten by a tick or a flea, but it is also good to use if YOU have been bitten by a dog or cat! It is helpful for puncture wounds in general; for example, if you have stepped on a sharp object.

Here is a fun tip --  I've heard that Ledum is a good remedy for a hangover from Whiskey or hard liquor. Of course, I have no way of knowing if that is true. You will have to see for yourself!

Another wonderful remedy for bites and stings is Apis melifica which comes from the honey bee. I discovered Apis after being stung by a yellow fly, or what some people call a deer fly. They come out in the spring and fall, and apparently, they LOVE me. They especially love biting my legs. For some reason, I do not feel the bite or even notice that they are on my skin until I am bitten by a single fly several times. I had no idea what to do, and I can not take antihistamines!

I am extremely sensitive to these fly bites; my skin becomes red and swollen, hot, and solid to the touch. After a day or two of swelling and each bite spreading to an area the size of a pancake, anything that barely brushes against my skin begins the incredible, painful itch, and then I have a day of shooting pains that I feel deep into my bones, and it turns a bluish color like a bruise. It is awful! Each time I was bitten it was spreading further and the pain was worse.

At first I tried Ledum, but it did not seem to make any difference. I tried it on several occasions. Those nasty buggers would find a way to follow me into my home, and bite me mercilessly until the fly swatter came out!

After further research, I found Apis. What a relief! The first time I took a dose the bite healed much quicker. I knew it had made a big difference. Since then, each time I was bitten the remedy worked quicker and the severity is reduced dramatically. At this point, if they are quicker to bite me than I am to flee, I get a small amount of swelling and it goes away within a day.

http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/p/marie-natural-healing-gal.html


Another time I stepped on a bee and it stung my toe pretty severely. Apis worked wonderfully and although my toe did turn a bit bluish in color, there was barely any sting or pain after taking the remedy.

One of the reasons that some think Homeopathy does not work, is that they try a remedy once without success. I found that if a remedy does not work, it is usually not the correct remedy for your symptoms! With a little research I can usually find a remedy that does the trick. Then I keep it on hand for future occurrences. Remember, take your dose in water!

You can order the following on Amazon


Here’s to a BUZZ free summer,
 - Marie (Natural Healing Gal)



Read all of Marie's Columnist Posts










Guest Blogger
Dog Training, Qigong
Homeopathy


Visit Marie's Website





Please note that this blog post and these remedies are for information purposes only.  Please consult with your own medical providers should you have medical questions and see the Medical Disclaimer here.









Blog Post And Images (c) 2017 by Don Shetterly and Marie

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 

  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”