Sunday, June 18, 2017

Don Shetterly Playing The Piano

Many years ago, I was not allowed to play this in the Baptist church we attended.  Of course, this was one of those very strict Baptist churches that didn't let you go to movies, dances, be in restaurants that served alcohol, or swim with the opposite sex.

At the time, I did not even know this had been a hit song on the radio.  I just saw it in one of the church piano chorus books that I played from, and fell in love with it.  I'm still not exactly sure how the original recordings of this song went because I have hardly ever heard them performed.

I love the way I play it because this song is one that is begging for someone to just have fun with it, and push the emotional feel of it to the max.  So, enjoy the song, "HE".

Oh and the reason I couldn't play it in church was because the song didn't specifically use the word "GOD" in it.  Um, hello people - it is all about God.

Anyway, here's my version played in the way I see God, not in the way that the fundamentalists brainwashed me into how I SHOULD see God!

And maybe that is more of the backstory than you wanted to hear.  Enjoy the song anyway as I play it on this YouTube video












Blog Post And Images (c) 2017 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I can feel your love for God in your playing. Well done....Bless you....

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”