Sunday, February 5, 2017

Mental Health Matters - Mind Body Connection

Today I get the wonderful opportunity to introduce a great friend of mine, Jody.  She is one of my new regular columnists on the Mind Body Thoughts Connections.

Her blog will be on the subject of "Mental Health Matters".

I met Jody online through Twitter.  I believe it was a connection through Matt, who also writes a column for my blog, "Survive, Thrive, Conquer".

Jody's insights and tweets and blog posts caught my attention because I could tell that she was sharing them from her heart.  Out of her own painful experiences in her life, she was reaching out and trying to help others who were searching for their own way to heal.

Jody's passion and insight are things I truly admire in her.  Everything I read from her feels so heartfelt and authentic.  Often I can see myself in much of what she writes.  She is very encouraging to others who are struggling and often reaches out to just let you know she is thinking about you.

Mental health is an issue that many struggle with in this world.  All too often there is a stigma against it as if someone is damaged goods or weak or just not valued.  People who struggle with mental health issues need help and support and to know that things can get better.  They don't need to be ostracized and looked down upon by people in our society.

I so look forward to what Jody will share with this blog, and her articles are always top notch!  Welcome aboard this team, Jody.  I am so happy to have you as a part of this endeavor, as we reach out and support those who need it.


For more information on Jody and the articles she writes, go to the page on this blog, Mental Health Matters.  Look for her articles around the first Monday of each month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”