Friday, August 24, 2012

Allow The Process To Unfold

All too often, we try to hurry up parts of life that we should not and then we hope for the best.  Of course, dealing with pain, loss, or other trying circumstances in life is no fun, and it is natural as humans to just want to get it over with.  You know, move on!  Even though the human species is very good at just trying to speed through the process, we need to allow the process to unfold in the way that it needs to and at its own pace.

I remember back to some of my early days of healing and people would just tell me that I need to move on, forget about it and basically put the happy face on to the world.  I'm sure my pain made it difficult for them to embrace or to even connect with me in those moments.  Often when we feel pain in our life, even subconsciously, the first thing we often try to do is move on and flee from it.

Yet, little did people understand that all of my life, I had tried hard to put the happy face on and act as if I had put it all behind me.  In fact, I could not even have described all that it was about, but if you knew me back then, you would have had no clue I was dealing with absolute terror and hell in my life.  I was so adept at hiding it and acting like everything was okay!  I'm surprised I never got an award for my acting!


It wasn't that many years ago when I was in a small group of people and attempting to share some things that I had learned through my life's experiences.  I was filtering them and being choosy about what I was telling this group.  However, one person in the group felt I was touching on an area of pain that they had not dealt with in their own life.  So instead of hearing me out, I got the shut down comment very quickly and forcefully.  It isn't the first time this well intentioned person used me as the lightening rod for their life, but never the less, it didn't feel good this time around either.

I can understand how easy it is to just want some magic pill or magic treatment to get us over the hurdle of pain we may be facing in our life.  Those difficult moments in life seem to just about swallow us up at times and believe me, I've had more than my share of them.  Deep down though, I know there is a reason and a purpose for going through these things, and if you would have told me that back in the days of hell and terror, I probably would have laid you on the ground.  So, I fully understand the struggle through the process.

Yet, I know from my own learning and my own growth, that I have to allow the process to unfold.  If I try to circumvent it or short circuit it, I am just prolonging the agony of the moment.  Sooner or later, this process will come back up in hopes to attempt completion.  I can spray all kinds of potions on it, dance around it or chant all types of spiritual practices, but in the end, if I don't allow the process to unfold, I'm just fooling myself.

The more we can go into a situation and allow ourselves to step out of the way, the more we will heal our body from the pain and difficult moments of life.  There is no other way through these times, than to allow the process to unfold and take place.  It is our ticket to growing, evolving and healing.  It is our way that we come to deal with experiences in life.  Try not to give into the illusion that the bright lights of some magic moment will solve all your problems.  Only by going deep within and allowing yourself to be there in the time that it takes, will you find true healing and freedom for your mind, body and spirit.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/12/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”