Here's something I got in a newsletter recently from the Young Living Essential Oils distributorship that I am part of. These essential oils do wonders as I use them in not only my own health and massage practice, but I also use them in making my own cleaning solutions. If you have questions or want to know how to purchase these, please contact me and I'll be glad to assist you. Young Living has some of the most pure and best essential oils on the market. You can not beat the quality of them.
For Aches & Pains (instead of pain killers, try...)
- Peppermint - erases headaches like magic due to its analgesic properties. Topically apply 1-2 drops of Peppermint and Lavender to your forehead, temples and back of neck.
- Peppermint and PanAway ease stressed muscles and joints. Make a custom massage oil by mixing six drops of either essential oil with one or more tablespoons of V-6 Pure Vegetable Oil complex (or other high quality non scented massage oils. Massage onto the affected area or just apply topically and cover with a moist, hot towel. Feel the relief soak in deep.
- Valor essential oil blend is a favorite of chiropractors and massage therapists because it balances the body's electrical energies. Chiropractors who apply Valor on the spine before an adjustment tell us it makes adjustments easier and helps them last longer.
For Digestive Upsets (instead of the pink stuff, try...)
- Peppermint essential oil - is a simple way to deliver an age-old remedy for indigestion, gas, bloating. Make a soothing tea with one drop Peppermint in a cup of warm water or apply 2-3 drops topically to the abdomen.
- Lemon essential oi is one of the best remedies for heartburn. Place several drops in water and sip slowly. By ingesting Lemon essential oil, the stomach stops excreting digestive acids, thereby alleviating heartburn.
- Thieves is indispensable for minor respiratory conditions. This very versatile oil can be inhaled, applied topically and taken internally. Apply to soles of feet, then inhale deeply (being careful not to get this hot oil near eyes and mucous membranes). One drop mixed well in a 12 ounce glass of cool water, sipped slowly, supports the immune system.
- Fevers - Dilute one drop of Peppermint essential oil with V-6 Pure Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to soles of feet. workes great with children.
- Lavender has been soothing distressed skin for millenia. When applied topically to sunburn, windburn and other minor burns, it helps to hasten healing of damaged tissues. To moisten minor burns and reduce inflammation, use LavaDerm Spray, which combines Lavender essential oil with soothing aloe vera.
- Insect bites and itchy skin - because of their outstanding antiseptic properties, essential oils are ideal for treating the itchiness and irritation from most kinds of insect bits. Apply Purification, Lavender or Peppermint topically on location 2-4 times daily: 1-2 drops neat or diluted with 1-2 drops V-6 Pure Vegetable Oil Complex.
- Dilute 6-10 drops of Purification, Peppermint or Lavender in 4 ounces of water and spray on exposed skin to repel insects and their bites.
- Peppermint's natural menthol helps to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. Apply with a toothbrush or make a mild gargle with 1-2 drops of Peppermint in 3 ounces of water.
- Gum Infection - Thieves essential oil blend eliminates the bacteria that cause periodontal disease. Place a small drop on a soft toothbrush and apply gently to gumline. Thieves contains hot spice oils such as cinnamon and clove, so sensitive users may wish to dilute first with 2-3 drops of V-6 Oil.
- Peace & Calming and Lavender are great favorites for those who have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. Apply 2-3 drops topically to the temples, back of your neck, then inhale the fragrance from the palms of your hands for a few minutes. Now, enjoy a peaceful night's sleep.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog post is intended for educational purposes only. It is not meant to substitute for medical care or to prescribe treatment for any specific health condition. No responsibility is assumed and no liability assumed for any person or group for any loss, damage or injury resulting from the use or misuse of any information herein.