Monday, May 8, 2017

Understanding Homeopathy - Does It Work?

(by Natural Healing Gal, Marie)


I am not a homeopath - that requires a PHD in my mind! There are hundreds of remedies, with an incredible amount of information to learn about each one. There is an art to choosing the optimal homeopathic remedy for a specific condition.  At this point I have learned enough for first aid and home use, and that is my goal. I learn a little more with every experience. I can say that I have seen wonderful results for me and my family.

Does it really work?

For chronic or complicated symptoms however, it is important to consult with a professional homeopath. I have done so, and I can say for sure, it saved the life of one of my dogs.

If you look online, you will find those who say homeopathy is nothing but a sugar pill and the results are only a placebo effect; but I use them regularly on my dogs with great results! I do not think my dogs know what a placebo is.  

I experience the power of the remedies on a regular basis. Just yesterday my husband got an insect bite on his foot. It got warm, red, and itchy, and began to swell. Instead of reaching for an antihistamine, he took a homeopathic remedy. (Stay tuned for more information on “bites and stings” next month!)  We waited a half hour, and the symptoms began to subside. Two hours later, he took one more dose, and it improved dramatically. No more doses should be taken when there is a dramatic improvement.

An easy “pill to swallow”

Each remedy is a separate, highly diluted substance from the plant, animal or mineral kingdom. Most are referred to by their Latin names. For example, Calendula officinalis is an English marigold.
The original substance is reduced and diluted, until what remains is the "energy" form of the original substance. The sugar pill, or pellet, is a means to transport the resulting energy.

It may help to think of each remedy as if it were a drop of essential oil. Just like there are many different oils…there are many different homeopathic remedies. Each oil can be diluted in a carrier oil to “carry” the oil onto the skin…so the homeopathic pellet would be similar to a carrier oil that holds a drop of essential oil.

It is important to take the smallest dose  possible to achieve results. More is not better, and as soon as you see a dramatic improvement in the symptoms, no more doses should be taken. You body is doing the work and needs no more assistance!

If you see no improvement at all, it is probably not the correct remedy for your symptoms. Common home remedies are gentle enough, so it is safe to try a second dose a half hour to an hour apart.

In classical homeopathy, one pellet is placed in a bottle with four ounces of pure water. I have found this to be more potent than taking dry pellets directly on the tongue. Tapping the bottle containing the solution activates or stimulates the energy/ electromagnetic properties, of the remedy. Shaking the bottle is fine, but a gentle tap in the palm of your hand is more accurate.  8-10 taps is an average number for an average person using a common remedy. Someone who is super sensitive, or not in good general health, may only need 2 - 4 taps, while others who are less sensitive may need over 12 taps. Tapping should be done before each dose.

http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/p/marie-natural-healing-gal.html


I find it interesting that homeopathy is questioned so much, and there is so much misinformation and fear surrounding it...yet we are sold on prescription drugs that have a wide range of side effects that "may" happen and we don't question it enough!

I prefer natural remedies to over the counter drugs whenever possible, and that is my choice.  I am always open to the latter when necessary… but less is better in my humble opinion!

Until the next time,

Marie (Natural Healing Gal)




For Further Reading:

  1. What Are Homeopathics
  2. What Is Homeopathy 
  3. Documentary:  Pill Poppers (Dr. Mercola)






http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/p/marie-natural-healing-gal.html
Marie is a regular columnist on Mind Body Thoughts.  She writes the Natural Healing Gal monthly column.  This article is written by Marie.

To learn more about her and see all her other articles, go to Marie's Page, Natural Healing Gal.

Check her page out to see the Medical Disclaimer




Blog Post And Images (c) 2017 by Don Shetterly and Marie
  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  


2 comments:

  1. I like that we're not supposed to keep taking anything, once we feel improvement. To me, that makes more sense than the "use up the whole bottle" medicine mentality. When I was a teenager, I had a monkey, and one time our vet prescribed him some pills. We'd chop them up and put it in his food, and he didn't mind... until he got better. At that moment, he just knew that he'd had enough, and refused anything that had traces of the medicine in it. He knew it inherently. Animals are smart, and there's a lot we can learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that Jeff! That is a cool story. I agree, animals teach us so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”