Friday, March 8, 2013

Proof Of Heaven Book By Eben Alexander

Review by Don Shetterly
This is one of those books that I am so glad I read.  Reading other near-death experiences is so helpful to me in understand what I have gone through.  It is difficult to piece all of this together and in my case, I don't remember as much as Dr. Eben Alexander has recalled.  Regardless, experiences such as what he has had or what I have gone through change your entire perspective on life.

One of the best things we have in the human body is our brain, but one of the most limiting factors of our consciousness and experience here on earth is our brain.  As Dr. Alexander stated on page 72, "We can only see what our brain's filter allows through."  While I am sure many people would most likely agree with his statement, we tend to fail when in fully opening ourselves up to the consciousness that exists.  It is an unknown world and because of the unknown, we sometimes fear it and cling to that which we have been taught to believe.

Like Dr. Alexander and other authors that I have read, I completely agree with him that the death of the body and the brain are not the end of what we know.  They are not the end of our consciousness.  It is only a point of moving beyond our experiences here on earth.  Whether you call it heaven or you have some other name for it, there is no way I can claim to think that life doesn't continue beyond the grave.


I enjoy the message that Dr. Alexander relays from his experiences because it is about what love truly is and what is real.  There is no greater message in this universe or beyond than true and pure love.  Too many people claim to practice love, but they fail miserably with judgment and a source found only in the ego.  Pure love is about a consciousness of spirituality that transcends this earthly plane and our own limitations of the ego.

Even though we all tend to be familiar with consciousness, we tend to not fully understand it.  In fact, on page 154, Dr. Alexander states, "Each one of us is more familiar with consciousness than we are with anything else, and yet we understand far more about the rest of the universe than we do about the mechanism of consciousness."  It takes each one of us going deep within to find what consciousness is all about and the more we do this, the more we will find ourselves.

Some of this that he presents may seem far-fetched and hard to believe.  I'm sure for him, it was even more difficult to write.  I have struggled for years to put into words what I can remember happening in my own life, and when he writes about a "new living sound" on page 38, it helps piece things together for me.  I have had so many encounters with this sound and with the lush, green countryside that he refers to, that what he is writing about is like a breath of fresh air for me.  It is one of the first times I have ever seen someone discuss this and for a long time, I have begun to wonder if I was the only one.

This book is a very easy read and one that will keep your attention page after page.  As you read it, you will see how the details unfold that back up what Dr. Alexander is saying and how they fell into place.  This is not just about concepts, but his real-life experiences that are told through the eyes of a skeptical medical and scientific account.  If you have any interest in spiritual awakening or consciousness or have also gone through a near-death experience, I would urge you to pick up this book, Proof Of Heaven, and read it.

If you would like to read more about my own experiences in life, I have written briefly about my story of trauma and how I found my way through this.  The book I wrote is called "Hope And Possibility Through Trauma".  I am working on a new book that details more of the entire road I went down in life and how I recovered filling in as many details as I can remember.  I have also written extensively throughout this blog on some of these areas.

As a result of reading this book, I just wrote the blog post, "Bright White Light Of My NDE - Part One". (Posted on Mar 12, 2013)






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 2/24/13 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”