Sunday, November 25, 2012

Away In A Manger - Christmas Piano Songs

Away In A Manger - Christmas Piano Songs
This is the 3rd track on my CD.   The CD is titled, Christmas Piano Songs and is a collection of Christmas music that I have enjoyed since I was a child.  All of the music on this CD is instrumental piano music with no vocal.  These songs were ones that I often performed in church or for different caroling events that we did such as nursing homes.

Away In A Manger is one of those songs that is so simple, but it is so beautiful to me.  I love the words to this Christmas song.  One of the things I most like about it is the melody because it just lulls me into a very peaceful state.  It is simple and fun to play and one of my all time favorites.

Hopefully you will enjoy my version of this song on the piano.  I do apologize that featuring these songs on my blog is a little early, but in order to space them out over time, I needed to begin early.  I also realize people are looking for beautiful Christmas music for events coming up in December.


You can also download a free pdf of many Christmas Carols that I have put together.  I did this so if you are looking for something that is already formatted on a page, it is ready to print and distribute to your Christmas Carolers.  It always seemed like no one could find the lyrics to many of these songs, so I tried to help by putting this free pdf together.  To download this pdf, just go to www.christmaspianosongs.com

Listen or purchase Christmas Piano Songs on Amazon or iTunes.


Lyrics To Away In A Manger

Away in a manger, no crib for a bed, The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head;
The stars in the sky looked down where he lay, The little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing, the poor baby wakes, but little Lord Jesus no crying he makes,
I love thee Lord Jesus! Look down from the sky, and stay by my cradle, till morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay, close by me forever, and love me I pray;
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care, And take us to heaven to live with thee there.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 11/2/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”