Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Where Two Or Three Are Gathered

While I'm not a person that subscribes to any particular religion, I realize that spirituality is part of the human experience.  Because of what I went through many years ago, what is taught in the church is very hard for me to align with in my life.  As a result, I recognize that there is a universal power or a source energy, but I try not to tie myself down according to how other humans perceive this through their own beliefs.

With all this said, I also recognize that in healing moments, we are never alone.  There are many forces in the universe that are there with us.  If we think we do the healing with someone, we are completely mistaken.  We are vessels, but we don't do the healing.  The healing comes through our abilities, skills, and willingness to be with another person at that moment in pure love.


In many cases with other people and in my own life, I know that sometimes it takes another person to help walk through the fires of life that we face.  I realize that we (I) can do so much on our (my) own, but part of the human experience is relying upon others and accepting help from others.  Often it is giving helping to others.

It is not a sign of weakness to ask for help.  I once thought asking for help meant you were less than human.  I was taught not to ask for help and punished when I did.  Asking for help and accepting it is a sign of strength because you acknowledge that where two or three are gathered, there am I with them (Jesus' words in Matthew 18:20)

When we accept help from others, we may very likely be helping them learn something or grow in their own consciousness.  We may not be able to see it, but it may be a link in their own quest for a greater and move evolved consciousness.  To deprive another individual of offering help to us, may be limiting their own moment of growth.

Sometimes that person that is there with us just needs to hold our hand and be a moment of support.  Sometimes the love without judgement that they offer to another is exactly what our body and mind need.  It is one of the greatest acts of love and kindness to ourselves and another human being when we embrace their pain through the purest form of love found in our heart, our mind, and our body.

Humans were designed to work together and cooperate to survive and thrive.  Isolationism is not helpful and attempting to rely only upon yourself will leave you feeling all alone.  We are meant to be there for each other.  This is what I believe Jesus meant when he said, "Where two or three are gathered, there am I with them".  I believe what he refers to is that universal source energy of pure love that transcends all the struggles through the journey of life.






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 12/28/14 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”